In accordance with Valerie Mah’s research, the City of Toronto Directories from 1900 and the Tax Assessment Rolls from 1901 do verify that, at that time, 352 Spadina Ave. was occupied by a person by the name of Mah Tang. Valerie Mah’s research (in her thesis The Bachelor Society A Look at Toronto’s […]
About Elyse Lue-Mayo
Fourth year Arts & Contemporary Studies undergraduate at Ryerson University.
Entries by Elyse Lue-Mayo
According to the City of Toronto Directories, the first building constructed on the site of 460 Spadina must have been established around 1888. This seems to be the case because, in 1887, lots 365 – 497 where College St. intersects were listed as: “stables, house, private grounds, Methodist Church, vacant lot, unfinished house, vacant, vacant, […]
- [Free Public Talk] The Post-CY Leung Era of Hong Kong 香港的後梁振英時代 (in Cantonese)
- [Free Screening] Yellowing
- Henry Yu featured on Color Code
- [Panel Discussion Sep 23-24] From Hongcouver to…?
- In Memory of the Honourable Norman Kwong
- Wui Gwai: Hong Kong homecoming
- UBC researchers use ultrasound technology to teach Cantonese
- Hong Kong/Vancouver: Temporary Migrations (June 14th)
- Preserving Your Photographs
- Henry Yu on Roundhouse Radio