The residential building was located on what is now Dundas St. W. at Dennison Rd. It was owned by Joseph O’Patterson from 1899 to 1901. This building was a wooden building that stayed wooden for more than twenty years according to fire insurance plans. During the time frame of 1899 to 1901 the building had different tenants. Spark Williams lived in this building with two adults from the end of the 19th century until 1900. In 1903, a new name shows up on the tax records: George Hutchington. Mr. Hutchington lived with three other people, none of them children. A factor that did stay the same was that all of the residents throughout the years observed were listed as Protestant. The building has since been torn down, and it is currently a vacant business place, but the upper floor is home to about twenty tenants, the majority of them being students. This building is two blocks away from the heart of Toronto’s Chinatown and is currently owned by a Chinese immigrant.
Assessment Roll: Ward 4 Division 2 1899. Toronto Archives.
Assessment Roll: Ward 4 Division 2 1900. Toronto Archives.
Assessment Roll: Ward 4 Division 2 1901. Toronto Archives.
Goads Fire Insurance Plan: Central Toronto (1899); Toronto Archives Website
Goads Fire Insurance Plan: Central Toronto (1924); Toronto Archives Website