During 1899, a man named Sing Law operated a laundry store at 399 ½ Yonge Street. The laundry operation changed owners in 1900 to Park John and in 1901 to Lee John. The landlord in 1899 named John Phipps died in 1900 leaving his estate to his wife Julia Phipps. The information found in the […]
This author has yet to write their bio.Meanwhile lets just say that we are proud huy.vu contributed a whooping 2 entries.
Entries by huy.vu
During 1899 a store called Ying Chong Tai Co. selling ‘Japanese Goods’ was located at 370 Yonge Street. According to the Assessment role in 1899, the resident at this occupation was selling “Fancy Goods”. The landlord, identified as Rufus Skinnerd, resided at Walton Street. Throughout 1900 and 1901, Ying Chong Tai Co. still existed but […]
- [Free Public Talk] The Post-CY Leung Era of Hong Kong 香港的後梁振英時代 (in Cantonese)
- [Free Screening] Yellowing
- Henry Yu featured on Color Code
- [Panel Discussion Sep 23-24] From Hongcouver to…?
- In Memory of the Honourable Norman Kwong
- Wui Gwai: Hong Kong homecoming
- UBC researchers use ultrasound technology to teach Cantonese
- Hong Kong/Vancouver: Temporary Migrations (June 14th)
- Preserving Your Photographs
- Henry Yu on Roundhouse Radio