According to Valeria Mah’s thesis paper The Bachelor Society, 309 College Street in the early 1900s was occupied by a Chinese bachelor named Charlie Lung. However according to information gathered from the 1899 and 1903 Goad’s Fire Insurance Plans, the 1900 and 1901 Toronto City Directories and the Toronto Assessment Rolls there was no one […]
About Akayla Onabowale
This author has yet to write their bio.Meanwhile lets just say that we are proud Akayla Onabowale contributed a whooping 2 entries.
Entries by Akayla Onabowale
In Valerie Mah’s thesis paper The “Bachelor” Society, Samuel Wing is listed as having lived at 100 Elm Street in the early 1900s. This fact is corroborated by both the City of Toronto Directories and the Toronto Archive’s Assessment Rolls. According to the Goad’s Insurance Plans of 1899 and 1903, the building at 100 Elm […]
- [Free Public Talk] The Post-CY Leung Era of Hong Kong 香港的後梁振英時代 (in Cantonese)
- [Free Screening] Yellowing
- Henry Yu featured on Color Code
- [Panel Discussion Sep 23-24] From Hongcouver to…?
- In Memory of the Honourable Norman Kwong
- Wui Gwai: Hong Kong homecoming
- UBC researchers use ultrasound technology to teach Cantonese
- Hong Kong/Vancouver: Temporary Migrations (June 14th)
- Preserving Your Photographs
- Henry Yu on Roundhouse Radio