In 1900 during the month of July, Thomas Humphries wrote a letter to Rev. MacKay regarding the Chinese occupancy being held within Toronto. One of the addresses associated with the Chinese in this letter was 79 Queen Street West. It has been recorded within the Toronto Archives that early settler Frank Lee migrated into Canada and […]
This author has yet to write their bio.Meanwhile lets just say that we are proud Kelsie contributed a whooping 2 entries.
Entries by Kelsie
According to Valerie Mah’s thesis, The Bachelor’ Society, within the bounds of 1060 Queen Street west, there was a single Chinese resident named Sing Lee who lived above an unnamed laundry facility (1). The leaseholder, however, was a man named Tong Ho who was also Chinese but did not live within the space (2). The […]
- [Free Public Talk] The Post-CY Leung Era of Hong Kong 香港的後梁振英時代 (in Cantonese)
- [Free Screening] Yellowing
- Henry Yu featured on Color Code
- [Panel Discussion Sep 23-24] From Hongcouver to…?
- In Memory of the Honourable Norman Kwong
- Wui Gwai: Hong Kong homecoming
- UBC researchers use ultrasound technology to teach Cantonese
- Hong Kong/Vancouver: Temporary Migrations (June 14th)
- Preserving Your Photographs
- Henry Yu on Roundhouse Radio